Serves 4-6 as an entree or light lunch
- 1 large loaf of Italian bread, sliced thickly – ciabatta is ideal
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil or more if required
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 500g mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- I small handful fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 small handful fresh thyme, chopped
- wedge of parmesan cheese, for garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toast your bread in a toaster or on the grill. Once toasted, spread with a little of the mustard, then set aside on your serving plate.
In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat 3 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, add garlic and fry for two minutes until golden.
Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and another sprinkling of olive oil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring often. Add the parsley, oregano and thyme, cook for another 5 minutes.
Add a little more olive oil if needed to moisten the mix.
Serve the mushrooms warm, on top of the bread slices.
Grate fresh Parmesan over the top and dress with some extra salt, pepper olive oil and parsley.
T’Gallant – www.tgallant.com.au
Also available in: Chinese (Simplified)